Saturday, September 13, 2008

Some Questions to Ask Yourself


Some questions to ask yourself before taking Holy Communion(The Lord's Supper).
(1.) Have I done anything especially and downright wrong? \
(2.) Have I told lies, or been dishonest,or stolen anything?
(3.) Have I used bad language,sworn,drunk more than I ought,been to places where I ought not,and which were dangerous to me?
(4.) Have I kept myself from impurity in thought,desire,word,look,act or any other way?
(5.) Have I been covetous,jealous,proud,or envious?
(6.) Have I been impatient and discontented with my lot?
(7.) Have I humbly borne the cross which my Lord has given me to bear after Him? (8.) Have I used angry words,or given way to temper,or quarrelled with anybody,or said or done anything unkind? (9.) Am I friends with all in my own family? (10.) Have I neglected to say my prayers night and morning,to examine my conscience at night,get instruction about the Faith,and to keep Sunday properly?
(11.) When in the company of others,have I been ashamed of Christ,and of owning myself His servant,or spoken lightly of holy things(from Before the Altar. The Devout Christian's Manual by The Rev. Robert J.Wilson,D.D.).

No comments: