Saturday, October 18, 2008

At The Time of Temptation


Lord Jesus,you know what temptation is like.You know how strongly the wrong thing fascinates me, and how much the forbidden thing attracts me.Lord Jesus,help me not to fall. Help me to remember my own self-respect,and to remember that I cannot do a thing like this.. Help me to think of those who love me, and to know that I dare not bring disappointment and heartbreak to them.
Help me to remember the unseen crowd of witnesses who surround me, and to know that I cannot grieve those who have passed on,but who are ever near.
Help me to remember Your presence, and in Your presence to find my safety.This I ask for Your love's sake.Amen.
We must remember that Jesus was "in all ways tempted," He understands what we go through when we are tempted and He is there for us,we need only to call on Him.