Monday, October 6, 2008

Prayer of a Worker


Lord, Jesus Christ, I offer you today all my work, my hopes, my sorrows and joys. Grant me the grace to remain close to you today, to work with you and to do all that I do for your honor and glory. Help me to love you with all my heart and to serve you with all my strength. Help me, Lord, to give a full day's work for a full day's pay. Help me to respect the property of others, to be honest in dealing with those involved in this task, and to put forth effort with personal interest. Give me the spirit of charity that I may contribute to the happiness of all those whom I work and when the job is done, grant us all a peaceful rest. Amen.
In this day and age the workplace has increasingly become a test of the depth and strength of our faith.

No comments: